Monday 28 September 2009

Chapter 11: Plans for My Music Video

As you can see below, I have added my basic notes for my Final Video and the plans I have for it. I wanted to keep it as natural and casual looking as possible but have a slight difference using graphics like the ones we see in the Maccabees music video. The shots I am planning on using create a mixture of professional camerawork and amateur camerawork to create contrast and also to support the natural and casual theme to the video. The use of amateur camerawork and deep focus will create a more point of view styled approach.
My basic story line is 'three friends and their weekend'. My video will show the three friends and their casual get together on the weekend and their bond with each other. It wont be very straight forward as I am planning to jump in between locations to make a more abstract theme. I am aiming to make the video like a reel of memories showing different memories in random order as if to be shown in our mind.

The mise en scene for my video will be all over the place, literally. I wanted to add to the casual theme for the video so i will be using locations such as town center, train station, college and 'home'. These type of areas are places that young adults are familiar with and will be able to relate to. A lot of natural light will be used in my video and the colour scheme will be very vibrant. I also want to incorporate some black and white shots to the video also to support sense of a memory or flashback. Some of the black and white shots will have one colour that will stand out while others will just be black and white. The three main characters in the video will have very natural make up and will have a very indie rock style when it comes to clothing. Although the three girls will be slightly dissimilar when it comes to personality, but will each have a bracelet that symbolises their friendship. this will be shown in close ups and the deep focus shots.

All three characters will have three changes of outfits throughout the music video, this may change when it comes to the story board process. For the first character I wanted three very casual outfits to portray a more laid back female who was the more relaxed of the three friends. When it came to looks I wanted to have a long brunette with a slim figure and a natural tan. My aim was to create a naturally pretty girl and to show this by adding the casual clothes to support the natural beauty that isn't bothered about her looks and what other people think.

The second character will be similar to the first but with some slight changes. I also wanted to give this character a more casual look and a very outgoing personality so when it came to the outfits I went for a more skater boyish style yet portraying a more indie look with it. This character would also be slightly tanned and would have naturally blonde hair. This is going to create a huge contrast stereotypically; many blonde hair, blue eyed women are known to be very feminine and girly. In this case, we are going to change it by giving her an Indie rock look and give her a very outgoing and wild personality.

The third character will be the more timid of the three and I am aiming to portray this attitude in through her personality and not through her outfits. The contrast between her outfits and her personality will be refreshing and will support the Indie Rock style as we find that Indie rock always has something new to offer. Her style will be very neutral indie and will be very girly. She wont be as thin as the other two girls but will have the same complexion and her hair will be shoulder length giving her a very innocent look.
I may be changing the outfits along the way depending on the filming conditions but i will stick to the styles and the personalities that I have chosen for each character.

1 comment:

Dr C said...

Beware the 'amateur camerawork' approach - it can lead to something that does not meet level 4 criteria for Construction! Check the criteria...