Saturday 26 September 2009

Chapter 8: Conclusion of Magazine Advertising Research

One of the main things i have been looking at are the different ways you can advertise an upcoming album release, one of these is through magazines such as NME and Q. After doing extensive research I have come to the conclusion that the most ideal magazine that i would publish my advert would be NME. The reason for this was based on the age of the target audience as it is aimed at my target audience thus creating a stronger reaction from the audience.
If I had chosen to advertise in the magazine Q, I would have chosen to aim for a larger target audience which has its advantages yet there would have been a risk of losing money as it may not appeal to everyone over the age of 25. This was the main reason why I chose the safer option but i would easily advertise in both of the magazines.

When it comes to the layout of the advert itself, I have found that there are several different options;

A4 Size:

Half The Size; 3/4 Of The Size;
After looking at the different layouts, I have decided that to create a larger awareness for the band and the new digipak design, I will design a full A4 advertisement. It will automatically give the public a different understanding of the band and creates a higher response to the advertisement because of the size.

No comments: