Tuesday 15 September 2009

Chapter 1: Introduction

Hi There,

Group 7 is a small group of people who work together and get the best results. The funny thing is all these people are in my head! This group is a one man show and throughout the course I intend to introduce myself into the business of music and media by creating a music video for a fairly popular song.
When I was looking for a song I was looking for a song that everyone could relate to. Something that almost everyone would want to listen to and enjoy. One of the most popular genres at the moment is Indie, a do-it-yourself type genre where every artist/band has it own unique sound, style and influences. You may be thinking that we see this in all other genres also, but with Indie it is different. Indie is also a fashion style and a lifestyle and is similar in the way of Rap music. Most people who listen to rap music dress a certain way and may act a certain way, the reason for this is the influence that this certain type of music has on a person.
The main reason why I chose this song was because it has been one of my favourite songs for a while and in my opinion, in order to create a high quality music video, you need to enjoy the song you are working with which gives you the opportunity to make the most of your time filming and editing. I also found this song very inspirational as it has that type of feel when you listen to it and so I feel that if i use a song that has a lot of positive energy about it, it will settle more with a large target audience.
The song is called Sweet Disposition by the Temper Trap and is shown below:





1 comment:

Dr C said...

What do you mean 'middle of the targeted audience'? You don't REALLY explain why you ave chosen it.