Monday 25 January 2010

Chapter 19: Filming Finished, Editing Started

I am now currently working on two aspects of my coursework, the editing and the digipak design. I aim to get most of the editing done by the end of next week and so I will be updating this specific entry for the next few days. Editing will be done on Final Cut Pro and the digipak design will be done on Adobe Photoshop.


I began by looking through the footage I had taken and began to put them in order, trying to stick to the times for each shot I have been able to do this without importing the music so far. This, however, may cause complications further on in the editing process. I am also considering changing some of the shots as during filiming i was able to get some good shots that weren't in the storyboard.

I began to find it difficult to fit the shots without the music and so I imported the music and began to cut the shots to the beat of the music. I found that some of the footage taken had a lot more going on and so I have begun to incorporate other footage to the video to make it flow more. With the additional footage used, I am able to create an effortless story line. The editing process is a slow one and it is taking time to incorporate all the original shots that I had planned and the comparison with the actual footage taken. This means that more footage is used in the music video yet giving the final video to be more solid and unique.

1 comment:

Dr C said...

Edit to the track - so put the track down now!

Explain why you thought these opportunisitc shots were better!

Use the correct media and technical terms rather than 'gather up'!